August 31, 2023
How to Pay for Cosmetology School
If you’ve always had a passion for hairstyling, makeup, or nail care, pursuing a career in cosmetology may be the perfect fit for you! If you’ve been considering going to beauty school, your first question is most likely “How much will it cost?” While this question can be overwhelming, don’t let the fear of paying for your education hold you back!
This blog will review different options and resources available to help you pay for cosmetology school.
Calculate The Total Cost Of Cosmetology School
The first step to figuring out how to pay for school is determining how much it will actually cost. You can do this by contacting our school!
At Moored Beauty Schools, our cosmetology program puts an emphasis on the latest techniques in hair, skincare, makeup, and nails. Our thorough cosmetology program includes studies in:
- Salon management
- Nail technology
- Hair coloring
- Hair cutting
- Hair relaxing
- Hair styling
- Anatomy and physiology
- Client communication
Financial aid can play a significant role in helping you pay for your cosmetology education. Because we are a nationally accredited school, we can offer financial aid to those who qualify. You can start by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility!
Understanding the available financial aid opportunities is crucial for making informed decisions:
- Grants: Grants are a form of financial aid that does not require repayment. They are typically awarded based on financial need and may come from federal, state, or institutional sources.
- Loans: Student loans are another option when paying for cosmetology school. They provide funds for educational expenses but must be repaid with interest. The most common type of student loan is the federal student loan, which often offers lower interest rates and more flexible repayment options than private loans.
If you have any questions, we can guide you through the financial aid application process and provide information on the various options available to fund your cosmetology education.
For instructions on how to apply for financial aid, click here.
Apply For Scholarships
When it comes to funding your education, scholarships are a great option! Scholarships can cover a portion or even the entire cost of your tuition fees.
There are many scholarship opportunities for students enrolling in cosmetology school. A popular one is Beauty Changes Lives, a non-profit driven to make the beauty profession a first-choice career.
Save And Budget
Another way to pay for school is to start saving early and create a budget to allocate funds specifically for your education. Here are some tips to help you save money and create a budget specifically for your beauty school education:
- Set a Savings Goal: Determine the total amount you need to save for your beauty school tuition, fees, and other related expenses. Break down the goal into smaller monthly or weekly savings targets. Having a clear savings goal can keep you motivated and focused on building the necessary funds.
- Track Your Expenses: Start by tracking your current expenses for a month. This will help you identify areas to cut back or eliminate unnecessary spending. Look for subscriptions or memberships you can cancel, reduce dining expenses, or find alternative ways to save on everyday expenses.
- Create a Budget: Create a budget that includes all your income and expenses. Categorize your expenses into different categories such as tuition, books, supplies, transportation, housing, and personal expenses. Allocate funds to each category based on their priority and importance. Be realistic and make adjustments where necessary to ensure your budget aligns with your financial capabilities.
- Reduce Living Expenses: Look for ways to reduce your living expenses while attending beauty school. Consider sharing housing costs with roommates, living with family members, or exploring affordable housing options near the school. Saving on rent, utilities, and other living expenses can free up more funds for your education.
- Take Advantage of Student Discounts: As a beauty school student, you may be eligible for student discounts on various products and services. Take advantage of these discounts when purchasing beauty supplies, tools, and textbooks. Look for student discounts on transportation, entertainment, and other essential services to further save money.
- Explore Part-Time Employment: Consider taking up a part-time job or freelancing in the beauty industry while attending school. Not only will this provide you with additional income, but it will also allow you to gain valuable experience and expand your professional network.
Pursue Your Dreams With Us!
Don’t let the fear of money hold you back! With the right resources and planning, you can be well on your way to achieving your dreams of attending cosmetology school. If you have any additional questions regarding your education, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re more than happy to help with anything you need. We look forward to hearing from you!